Children’s Liturgy of the Word
Children in Kindergarten through 5th grade are invited to join in Children’s Liturgy of the Word during St. Mary’s 10 a.m. Sunday Mass.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word is:
- a ritual for the proclamation of God’s Word with children, appropriate to their level of understanding.
- a moment of salvation in which the living God communicates life to His children and in which they respond with awe, praise, thanksgiving and petition.
- liturgy – not Sunday School.
- a time for all to truly hear God’s Word at an appropriate level.
- an opportunity to hear the Gospel message and consider how to practice it in life.
If you would like to volunteer to be on the Children’s Liturgy of the Word ministry team, please contact Becky Hoag, Director of Faith Formation, at (716) 683-8564 or firstname.lastname@example.org.